5/11/2014

Happy Mother's Day: To My Moma

My Moma has always been a role model of mine. She has always told me that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I may not have gotten her eyes or her curly hair, but I did get the best part of her: her personality.

There are so many layers of my Moma that you can't see. She can scare a grown man with one look. She can laugh her head off until she has tears in her eye.  She is stubborn, so am I. She is classy, and I hope that I will be as classy as she is one day. By watching her be a leader my entire life, I learned that you have to be confident and always say the right things. She has been my shoulder cry on, the person who I can vent to, a drill sergeant at time, and more than anything, my friend.

We have gone form this…


To this… 


… In 15 years and I would not trade a minute of it.

Since I was born on May 18, which is between Mother's Day and Father's Day, my Daddy has always had one more Father's Day than my Moma has. So in honor of my Moma's 14th mothers day, here are 14 things that she has taught me:
1. You have to always dress for the part. 
2. Being over dressed is better than under dressed. Always. 
3. Kindness get you far in life. 
4. There is always a time to be serious and a time to have fun. And to take full advantage of the fun part… 
5. When in doubt, resort to Channel. 
6. Keep your head up, and your boobs out. 
7. Every thing happens for a reason and it will all work out in the end. 
8. Diamonds are a girls best friend. 
9. You can't control everything in your life. You sometimes have to leave it up to fate. 
10. You can never have to many shoes, or too much pink. 
11. Your best friend will always be the first to laugh at you when you fall on your butt (literally), but also the one that picks you up first. 
12. Always have lip stick, tissues, business cards, a pen, and a note pad in your purse.
13. Don't be afraid to stand up and speak out for what you believe in.
And last but not least...
14. A smile that go a long way. 

My Moma is defiantly a feminist and believes that women can do anything that a man can do, and most of the time women do it better. She thinks that a successful women, can be a mother, a business women, and a strong community leader. She is. My Moma has sort of lived by this one quote:
Heres to good women
May we know them 
May we be them
And may be raise them. 

Thank you for reading, happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's reading! Thank you to my Moma for always being there for me, and always believing in me even when I didn't.

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself! Your Mom is one great lady, I count myself lucky to have had her friendship for 45+ years and in times of doubt, often find myself thinking....what would Ginnie do? I see so much of her in you and for that you should be proud. XOXO

    ReplyDelete