5/12/2014

Italy and Greece Trip!!! Part 1

Hello, I have been a little busy lately. Back in April, during my spring break, I went to Italy and Greece with my school. It was so much fun! I know that people always say that when they go some where, but this really was a fun trip!

On of the things that I got really excited about seeing was all of things that I have been reading about in my two years of Latin! The colosseum (Flavian Amphitheater), Titus's Arch, Pompeii, and 
Other things like the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican. and that was just in Italy! In Greece, I was the site of the first Olympics, the Parthenon, and other Greek ruins. 


As the Latin geek that I am, I had a total freak out when I got to see the Arch of Titus, some thing that I actually got to read about in Latin class

Had an artsy moment at the Colosseum (aka the Flavian Amphitheater), another sight that I read about in my Latin class.

I took some pretty cool Panoramas at the Colosseum… with my friends head in it… 


Visited the Trevi Fountain, twice, through a coin in both time. But sadly, I did not have a Lizzy McGuire moment and meet a hot Italian singer… :(


My group went to the Vatican… That was spectacular!!! 



St. Peter's Basilica is MASSIVE!!!!! 



Then we went to Pompeii and I had another Latin geek freak out….

To say that that was the best week of my like would be an understatement. I got to experience a culture that my family had brought over not even a hundred years ago. I ate pizza that was better than my Grandmothers (but don't tell her that). I also got to speak Italian, which was something that I had been practicing since Christmas time. I would not take back those 9 days for anything… Thank you for reading and have a preptastic day!!

Your Faithful Prepster, 
mSv

1 comment: