5/30/2013

The First Day of Summer!

All that I have done today is sleep, eat, sleep some more, and bake.

I am 50% Italian from my Daddy's side. Italians, if you don't already know, are known for their pushiness and food. I have always loved to bake since I was little and my Nana would put me up on the kitchen counter and let my help her mix cake batter with the hand mixer. 

Since I am no longer stressed out with exams, baking was my obvious first choice for how I wanted to start my summer vacation! :) 

Last weekend, my Moma made strawberry short cake for Memorial Day. 

It was as good as it looked! ;) 

My Moma isn't the best chef in the world so I knew that she had to have made it from a box, and I was right. She made it using Bisquick. 

I LOVE Bisquick!!! You can make pancakes, southern style biscuits ;) , friend chicken, chicken and dumplings, and so much more! It's is like a southern grandma in a box!!! 

Bisquick = a gift form the Gods! 

All I did was follow the directions on the back of the box! 


If you make this at home, I suggest that you add 6 Tblsps of sugar instead of 3 Tblsps of sugar like it calls for on the box. If like your cake for strawberry short cake tasting like a biscuits, you don't have to change the recipe. But if you like it to taste sweet, like a cake (in my opinon) should taste like, add the sugar. 

Before the oven... 

... After the oven!!! :) 

Tonight I have to go to an awards ceremony for the end of the school year, I will talk about that in tomorrow's post!!! 

Your Faithful Prepster, 
mSv 

No comments:

Post a Comment