5/29/2013

The Last Day of School!!

Today, was my last day of school.
This past school year I have done so many things! This was me the first day of school.

Taken the morning of the first day of school. 
From left to right: Me, sHa, rLk, jWb, aRr, rOl, and rGs. 


I was on the Girls Varsity Tennis team in the fall. Our team was the first girls tennis team to make it to the Finals of the State Championships. Sadly we lost, and took second place. But, we did win our conference! 

During tennis season, I also sprained my ankle so severely that I had to go to the ER, and to a pediatric foot doctor. I was on crutches for a week. It was bad.

Me in the ER :( 

In December, I won my Country Clubs Jr. Girls Club championship. In the finals of the tournament, I played one of my clas mate's sister. That was interesting, but really fun. 

Me and mMr before playing the final :) 

In English class we read Macbeth by Shakespeare. For the final assignment, we were assigned to work with upper classmen to create a movie that depicted a scene from the play. My group decided to do a twist to the story and have the play set in a present day high school. I was Hecate, so I was the Queen of the Goths, the Three Witches were my cronies, and Macbeth was the star lacrosse player. 

We also had to dress the part. So since I was playing a goth, I decided to go to Goodwill to buy my costume because I don't own anything gothic (if you look at my feet, you can see that I am wearing my duck boots). I also went to CVS and got some cheap gothic makeup. 

Needless to say, when I walked out of the bathroom at school and walked down the hall people were surprise. But, I got an A, so that is all that matters. :) 

Meand lCt as Macbeth, the lacrosse jock, and Hecate, the Queen of the Goths! 

There is a program at my school called Global Explorers that takes students from all over the world to countries to do service projects. Over spring break, some of my classmates and I went to Costa Rica. We painted houses in the slums of San Juan called La Carpio, went to an orphanage and painted a mural, and went to a pineapple plantation! 

My class in Costa Rica! 

But as they say, all good things must come to an end. This year I have laughed, I have cried, and I have grown in more ways than I could have imagined. 

My empty locker. :( 

Your Faithful Prepster, 
mSv 

No comments:

Post a Comment