10/15/2013

This Weekend . . .

I had a long long weekend. I was shopping, and having a great time reading. I finished a whole 300 page book this weekend. My Daddy took me to the J.Crew Factory Store and I had a ball, but I will tell you more about that odyssey in tomorrows post, but today I want to tell y'all about one my weekend and why it was a long, long weekend.

This weekend my school had what they call their Fall Break. This mean we have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off from school. The teachers didn't have Friday off because they have to work on interims and write comments. On Friday, I woke up at 11:50 and had breakfast or lunch, I don't know what you would call it at 12 pm. The one productive thing I did before 4:00 was taking a shower. When my mom came home from work, she took me out to eat and took me to our Barnes & Nobles store in town.

At Barnes & Nobles I bought two books: Prep: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld, which I told you all about in my Must Add Preppy Books to Your Fall Reading List: Part 2, and another book that I had never heard of and picked up after reading the back, Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor.  I started reading Prep School Confidential on Friday night, read a hundred pages, read another hundred on Saturday, and finished the book on Sunday. I didn't even have the book a full 48 hours and I finished it... I think I am going to do a review on Prep School Confidential either tonight or tomorrow night. So be on the look out.

On Saturday my Moma had to go to a meeting that was 3 hours away, but was near a J.Crew Factory Store. So my father being the best Daddy in the world offered to drive my Moma and I down and take me to J.Crew. My father has the patients of a saint!!

Sunday, I got a hair cut and saw the new movie with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, Gravity. Now that was a movie that I was not ready for. I sat and clawed at my Daddy arm the whole movie and asked him what happened every five minutes. You really must love me Daddy.

Monday, I went to a wreath laying in honor of Christopher Columbus. That was fun. Again my Moma, Daddy and I went up for the day and had a great family bonding time.

All in all I had a very restful and enjoyable long weekend. Thank you all for reading and be watching for that review of Prep School Confidential! Have a great day!

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv

No comments:

Post a Comment