9/04/2013

Athletes...

Being an athlete, you are willing to put your body through hell to get better and be the best. Being an athlete you can break, sprain, and God knows what else you can do to your self. Only athletes who are willing to go through hell to get better are the athletes who truly loves the sport.

Last October when I sprained my ankle playing tennis and had to go to the emergency room and was on crutches and had to wear a boot for two weeks, the only thing that I was concerned about laying in the emergency room was “what if I can’t play tennis?” That was the only thing I was thinking, well that and some not-so-lady-like words. What it hurt!

Me in the ER. :( 

Me in a walking boot. Very stylish! 

Me in my brace. That I have been wear for almost a year. 

Since last October, I have sprained my left ankle another two times, and my right ankle twice, but all minor sprains haven been back to the ER since, so that is a good thing, right?

I know that injuries will always be likely in sports. And for tennis players, ankle and knee injuries are the most common injuries we receive. But some times we don’t realize what we have done to our selves. I know I did. The second I was cleared by the doctor to play tennis again I was on that court acting like nothing had ever happen. Looking back I don’t think I could have rushed into playing again so fast because I ended up hurting myself even more and I still have problems with my ankle, and I will probably always have issues with it.

Thank you for reading, and remember you don’t always have to look the best or play the best when you are injured.

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv 

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a big tennis player and I played soccer before I got really into tennis. But anyways from the sideways motion & changing direction my ankle would sprain easily and I would just keep on playing because it would eventually go numb. Years later, every now and then my right ankle will just give out w/o warning. So I would definitely take time and let any injury heal bc if you don't there may be repercussions later on.

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete