9/05/2013

What is up with my Knee?

So if you read my post entitled Athletes... you have heard my health wows and how even though injured I kept playing. And if you haven't that post yet read it and come back and read this, or not and just guess. 

That brings me to something else. Two weeks ago I was going to tennis, it was a normal day, and I was tying my shoes when I felt a lump on the front of my right knee. I can move it around and it is about the size of a marble, and it is right under my kneecap. When I asked my Moma what it would be she said it is most likely a cyst, but she said that she would make an appointment with my primary care doctor.

The thing is, is that if I go to the doctor and they want to remove the cyst right then and there I wouldn’t be able to play tennis for a while meaning I have to give up my rank as #4 and I have worked hard to get where I am in tennis.

This past weekend I went to my grandmother house, and I asked her to use her wise wisdom from having both of her knees replaced, and she said the same thing that my Moma did. She also said that when she got her knee replaced they found a cyst in her knee and removed it.

So this is what I think I am going to do. Go see the doctor and see what they have to say, but not have it removed until at least November when tennis season is over and done with. Because I don’t want to be bleeding all over the court!

I don't know what will happen, but all I can do is hope for the best outcome and know that I have my guardian Angels up there watching after me. Thank you for reading, and remember you health is the most important thing, well sometimes. 

Your Faithful Prepster, 
mSv 


No comments:

Post a Comment