7/01/2013

How To Make $15 into $40

I have had this cute Target dress for over a year. The last time I wore it to school one of the buttons in the front fell off. And for obvious reasons I couldn't wear it any more until I got four buttons to replace all the buttons. So a few days ago that is what I did. I went to a local fabric store and bought some ADORABLE coat of arms gold buttons.

All four buttons cost about $7.

I thought I would show y'all how I turned a $15 Target dress, into a $40 name brand looking dress. 


This was the dress before I put the new buttons on. Its simple, and I am sorry the picture is so crappy but my real camera was hiding from me and I found it after I finished taking the pictures with my iPhone.


3 of the 4 buttons that I cut off of the dress. I have no clue where the other button is, I lost it over a year ago at school so who knows were it could be. As you can tell they are quite bland. 


So what you will need is a lot of light (which I did not have when taking this picture), whatever color thread the dress is, (my dress was navy, so I stole, and then returned, some navy thread from my Moma), a needle, which is in between the spool of thread and the tiny pair of scissors. A tiny pair of scissors (makes cutting off the buttons easier and simpler), a big pair of scissors, which I also stole and then returned to my Moma. 

I stuck myself a few times, but did not make myself bleed. You can thank the callouses that I have built up from all my years of piano. 


It takes some talent to put those buttons onto that dress. Okay, not really, but for a person who had never sewn buttons onto anything in her life before, I did pretty well! 


The dress after I was finished! What do y'all think? I would love to hear about your turning something that was cheap into something that looks a lot nicer! Thank you for reading!

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv

No comments:

Post a Comment