7/26/2013

Let's Talk: L.L. Bean's Boat and Tote Bag

On Monday night I ordered a large Boat & Tote Bag with long handles, and it arrived today. I was so excited when I saw the package!

Link to Boat & Tote Bag here!

The only difference between the long handles and the regular handles is that the long handles are 14" when the regular handles are only 8".  With the longer handles you are able to put it over your shoulder. The dimensions of a large Boat & Tote Bag are 15"H x 17"W x 7 1/2"D.  The price of the bag was $32.95! The monogram was another $8.00, the tax was $2.17, and the best part, the shipping and handling was FREE, for a total coast of $43.12. In the picture below you can see how big the large Boat & Tote Bag is in comparison to me. 

See why I wanted Long Handles!!!

I love the Boat & Tote because it is affordable and durable. I know that my Moma and Daddy have had the same Boat & Tote Bag from before I was born. As a family we have a extra large Boat & Tote Bag that we use as our pool bag because we can put 5 or 6 beach towels into it. I also love it because it is made right here in the U.S.A. There is a video on YouTube about how and where the bags are made: 


American people make these bags, and I for one think that if a bag can last for a lifetime and it is made in America from quality materials and still be affordable is a great thing. The Boat & Tote Bag has been around since 1945 - that is 68 years of trusted quality made in America. 

It can also hold a lot of stuff. Which is good if you are traveling or going to the beach. Something that I have had to do in the past when I fly is because you can only take 2 carry-ons, I take a large tote bag that will fit under the seat in front of me. I do this so that iI can put my purse into my bag with out exceeding the 2  carry-on limit.



In the photo I have a 2" binder, a 1/2" binder, a pocket folder, a large Lilly Pulitzer Agenda, my Mac (which would have its nylon protective sleeve on it if I were going out side of my house), and two pencil pouches. I can also put my purse in the top so that can use both of my hands.

This is actually my third L.L. Bean Boat & Tote Bag.  


In the back you can see my new Boat & Tote Bag, under that is the medium Boat & Tote, and the one under the medium one is a small.

I hope y'all have a great weekend and I would to to hear about any of your Boat & Tote stories!

Your Faithful Prepster, 
mSv  

15 comments:

  1. I've been deliberating as to whether I should order one of these bags or not (I just love the fact that you can get it monogrammed!), but this post has convinced me I should. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what this blog is here for, to give people a place to decide on weather they want to dont want to get/do something. I can not remember a time in my life that my family has not had a Boat & Tote Bag. And I am happy that someone at least is reading my blog! Thank you for commenting! :)
      Your Faithful Prepster,
      mSv

      Delete
  2. I have the medium and use it every day. Great as a carry on, too! def. get the longer handles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know you posted this a while ago, but im thinking about purchasing this tote in medium. Does the medium short handle fit on the shoulders? I feel like the long handles are too long since I'm short...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am not the tallest person myself and I don't have a very tall torso either. I defiantly recommend the long handles even if you are vertically challenged. When you have the regular handles and you fill the bag up with stuff you can barely put it on your arm let alone you shoulder. So to answer you question more directly, no you can not put the regular handles over your shoulder. Thank you for commenting

      Delete
    2. thanks for the quick response! Is the medium one you have in your picture the long or short handle?

      Delete
    3. The medium tote that I own and is in the picture is with the short regular handles. I really wish that I had gotten the longer handles because I would probably use it more if i could put it over my shoulder. That is just my two cents. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this review, I'm actually going to get the leather handle boat and tote today! I am just trying to decide on what monogram to get.

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. I badly wanted this spacious and stylish tote bag for everyday use. I already have a beautiful but less spacious bag that I want to replace with something bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of getting this bag in the camo print. I uaually prefer larger bags but having a hard time on deciding the size for this one. The large looks a little too big for everyday use and the med seems a tad small. Any feedback you can give I would love to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thinking of getting bag because I am starting teaching this summer. Large or medium? Want to pack laptop, papers, pencil case, charger and maybe a lunchbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know you posted this a long long time ago but if i could get a really quick response that would be awesome, so my question is, is the medium bag large enough to hold a lot of school notebooks and such? Like 5 large notebooks and other folders? Please let me know asap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are talking about 5 three subject spiral notebooks, then a medium Boat & Tote may not be big enough. I can put a laptop, a 2 1/2 inch binder, and a few other folders and it fills it up, but I still have room at the same time. My personal recommendation would be to get a large Boat & Tote bag because even though you may not fill it up completely, but you would have to squish everything into the medium one. Thank you for commenting and I hope that helped!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your quick response you helped a ton!!

      Delete
  9. I love your tote. The size of ur bag looks perfect. Could you kindly confirm if it's large or extra-large? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete