2/14/2014

Valentine's Day

February 14th. It comes every year, so we always know it coming, but yet we still forget about it. Sadly, I do not have a Valentine this year. Only my box of tissues, my Tamiflu, and my TV to keep me company. Since I am home-bound today, I thought I would read up on some of the history behind Valentine's Day.  


Valentine's Day: A History
Also known as Saint Valentine's Day, Valentine's Day was named after Valentinus. Saint Valentine was imprisoned by the Roman Empire for performing marriages between soldiers and women that were forbidden by law. (What can you say, the Roman's liked their rules.) Before Valentinus was about to be executed he wrote a letter and signed it "Your Valentine" thus the phrase we have today. In more modern history, Valentine's Day has become more associated with love and the god of love, Cupid. 

I never really has thought that Valentine's Day was just for people in love. I mean who doesn't love chocolate! I also look great in red, so that is a plus. But you don't need that special some one to make Valentines Day Valentines day. I love this one lyrics of this song called "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness, and it says: 
"I believe in a thing called love 
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
There is a chance we will make it now"
I have to say I believe in a thing called love. Love is a very strong emotion that is very unique to Humans. Love is just the step above like, technically. I think that people can use love in both good and bad ways. People are able to bear their soul with love; others can hold love above some ones head in a bad way. The way i think love should be used is as a international unifier. What better stabilizer then love, something that every human has (well, unless you are a psychopath that is.) 

What so you think Valentine's Day should be about? I would love to hear about it in the comments! 

So to all the love birds, and lonely hearts out there, you will always have Valentine's Day. Thank you for reading and have a preptastic day filled with love and chocolate! 

Your Faithful Prepster, 
mSv 

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you did too!
      Your Faithful Prepster,
      mSv

      Delete