1/20/2014

So . . . My Family Bought a New Car!

My Daddy's 2000 Volvo V70 sort of died on us yesterday. The car was bought three months after I was born and had over 400,000 miles on in. The Volvo had been abused by me, my Moma, and my daddy over the years, from spilling iced tea everywhere to spilling ketchup in the back seat. It lived a very hard life… My Daddy has to drive 100 miles a day round trip to get to work, and my Moma is always worried that he is going to get stuck on the side of the road. My Moma finally decided that it was time to get a new car. So my Moma and I went by the car dealer ship and test drove one, and we finally decided on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Sport.



My Parents bought a red Jeep Cherokee in 1992 and we still have it. It was the car that I was brought home from the hospital in when I was born, so I have a slight (or major) emotional attachment to the our Jeep. My whole family loves the Jeep, so that I why my Moma wanted to look at a Jeep first. We already knew that we could trust Jeep, and that even in this day and age, last a long time. (Come on, almost 21 years!) 

Even though I am only 14, I got a little more input on what I thought of the car because I was probably going to end up driving it some after November when I get my learners permit. The one thing I knew that I may have a problem with is that the seat would sit to low and I wouldn't be able to see over the steering wheel. I mean my Moma has to watch out for the same problems, we are both short, and for me my legs are way longer then my torso is. My torso is smaller then an average person my height. But in this car my Moma has no problem seeing over the dash at all, and neither do I. 

Before today, I had my heart set on setting a Subaru Forester. Now, I want a Jeep Cherokee in red. What can I say, I really love red Jeeps. I never realized how reliable and affordable Jeeps are. My Moma out right said to the sales guy that she was willing to day $2,000 more on the car we bought because it was a Jeep. 

Who has a Jeep? Who would buy a Jeep? Thank you for reading and have a preptastic day! 

Your Faithful Prepster, 
mSv 

3 comments:

  1. I think your old car has served you pretty well, and that it was time to get a new one. Anyway, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Sport is an amazing vehicle. The modifications in it aren’t that far away for the 2015 model, and can still be considered as a recent update of the series. Good day!


    Damon Sherman @Butler Hyundai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I know how it feels for your family to replace that 2000 Volvo V70 which served as your family car for many years. Still, it's good to hear that you replaced it with something that’s as great as the previous one – all in terms of quality, style and performance. I hope that your new car will stay as long as the Volvo.

    Micheal Miller @ Butler Kia Fishers

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the new Jeep, too! I found a salesman at the local car dealership that I love dealing with. The best part is now whenever I want to jump into a new car, I simply drop him an email and simply say what I want to spend and get back to me when you can make it work. I have not been disappointed and spend minimal time in the dealership.

    Diana Hayes @ Baldwin Subaru

    ReplyDelete