6/13/2013

Let's Talk Nails

Hi everyone! I thought today we could talk about nails and nail polish colors! I have a weird quirk that has to do with my nails: they grow really fast. I have to cut my nails almost every week. I have tried to grow my nails out, but they always seem to either break or annoy me to the point that I just cut them. My Moma has the same problem her nails grow super fast, except she can actually grow her nails out. Since I play violin, my nails have to be short or else it will be hard to play. The same thing with tennis, I always scratch myself when my nails are long trying to either catch a ball or putting a ball in my pocket. Having nails that grow so fast is really annoying.

Because I play tennis, piano, and violin, my hands take a pretty bad beating. I can't keep nail polish on for more then a few days, because it always chips, c'est la vie. But today I thought I would paint my nails, even though I know they won't last. ):

So after a few hours of indecisiveness, I decided what I wanted to do with my nails.

First of all it took a solid 20, 30 minutes to just decide on the colors.

The little one on the left is called "Mummy Knows Best" and it is from OPI's Halloween collection 2011.
The Big one on the right is called "Russian Navy." 

Here was my process: 

STEP 1: I painted my nails with the "Mummy Knows Best." Let is dry for a while. 


STEP 2: After my nails dried, I put tape over 2/3 of my nail. 


STEP 3: I painted over the 1/3 of nail that wasn't covered by the tape with the "Russian Navy." 


STEP 4: I peeled of the tape and voilâ! 


STEP 5: So after the painted dried again, I put tape over the 1/3 I painted and another 1/3 in the middle. 


STEP 6: I painted over the 1/3 and the out come was this... 


My left hand alone took an hour. I didn't bother to do the my right hand, I just got the good ol' nail polish remover out and took it off. I know, I know, I worked so hard on it, but I just couldn't do my right hand with that many steps. I can barely paint the nails on my right hand without it getting on my skin. I was also a little (that is a complete understatement) tired after tennis. After that I just decided to paint my nails pink. I know it's so out of character! (: 

Have a nice day and see you tomorrow! 

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv

No comments:

Post a Comment