6/05/2013

The Traveling Youngster

I traveled all over the United States, from the east coast to the west coast. I have been to 21 States, all before I ever traveled outside the United States.


I never even had a passport until January. I had to have one to go to Costa Rica with my class during spring break. I have to say my passport picture turned out better then about half my classmates' pictures did. :) 


I was so excited to go to Costa Rica! When we got to the customs gate at San Jose Airport I even had one of my classmates take a picture of me. It was a momentous occasion. 


This is coming from the person whose mother took her on a plane and changed her diaper in her lap when she was only a few months old!

In Costa Rica my classmates and I had the opportunity to paint houses, play with kids, and zip line. The zip lining what really fun! All of my classmates and I got really close. It was 10 days of just friendship. I miss it. But I wouldn't take that trip back for anything.

There are so many places that I have not yet visited. Here is my top five places that I want to visit before I die:

1. Rome, Italy


I might have not told you guys this, but I am a total History nerd! Especially when it comes to Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece. I even take Latin in school. There is just something about how the Roman Empire was there for so long and then fell so mightily so fast. Also, I think the Roman Colosseum and the Leaning Tower of Pisa are so beautiful! And come on, who wouldn't want to go to the birthplace of Romulus and Remus, and walk the Seven Hills of Rome!

2. Prague, Czech Republic

St. Vitus Cathedral

So, I was never around when the Czech Republic was still Czechoslovakia, but I do know that the City of Prague is one of the most historical medieval cities in the world. Again, I am a History nerd. But all of the city is SO beautiful. I mean look at the picture, isn't St. Vitus Cathedral spectacular or what?!

3. Athens, Greece


In Greek Mythology, Athena and Poseidon were trying to fight for who would be the patron saint of Athens. Athena, the goddess of wisdom gave the citizens of Athens the olive tree, while Poseidon just gave them a horse. For the obvious reasons, the citizens of Athens choses Athena to be their patron saint and in turn named their city after her. Okay, wow, I really am a History nerd! I think that the Pantheon in Athens is so marvelous! I just what to go there and see if I can feel the history of the city. Athens was also a powerhouse city of knowledge at its height. Sophocles, Aristotle, Euclid, all from Athens.

4. Istanbul, Turkey


I know its a strange place, but their are actually more ancient ruins in Turkey then there are in both Rome and Greece. The reason, because Turkey was not directly on the Mediterranean, meaning it was less interesting to loiters who sailed the Mediterranean. Remember: History nerd!

5. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil


Rio de Janeiro has so much culture. and I love places that have culture AND beaches to lay out in the sun. ;) I would love to go during Carnival, that would be so spectacular! I also hear that Brazilian guys are really hot!!

So now you know my top five places to go before I die. Tomorrow will be about my favorite shoes! Thank you all for reading!

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv

No comments:

Post a Comment