6/08/2013

My Weekend Whereabouts and the Wonderfulness of Summer


Most of the time, during the summer you will find me by the pool reading on the weekends. But not today. I have to be cooped up inside for a conference. So since I can't lay in the sun and get a tan, I thought why not talk about all the things that I love about summer!

1.  The Sun 


I love that the sun is always so warm and bright in the sky during summer. Sun gives us so much; it makes the plants photosynthesize, it makes pale people burn, it makes tan people tanner, and it brightens up the world! But remember: never fall asleep in the sun, and always put sunscreen on! 

2. Wearing Lilly! 


I always think of summer as a time that I can swim, play tennis, and wear Lilly. Some time in the middle of winter I will go on the Lilly Pulitzer website and look at all the pretty dresses for summer. 

3. The Pool/Beach


Ever since I was little I have had an aversion to the beach, because when ever I go to the beach and take a swim in the dirty salt water, I get an ear infection. So I tend to avoided it. I would much rather be able to sit at the pool at my Country Club and read a book. I have annoying kids running around, but it's home. I have been going to the same Country Club with my family since I was six years old. I have swam on their swim team, have done countless tennis clinics, learned how to play tennis, ran on hot asphalt to go get ice cream in July (long story - but fun and painful times), and grown up there. 

4. Free Time

I just thought that this picture was cute! 

I know that adults don't have summer vacations, but in the summer everything is easier and more relaxed. I love that I wont have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to get ready for school, or have absolutely no time to read because I have to read the book for English class and not the book I want to read. Even though I have only been summer break for a little over a week, I have enjoyed being able to get up at 8:00 or even 11:00 if I want. I can spend all day reading, playing tennis, swimming, sun bathing, anything I want to do! I love it! I don't have teachers who always yell at the bad kids, or the super perfect kids getting on my nerves all the time.

5. Sleep!

This Baby = Too ADORABLE!!!! 

I am sorry for all of the adults who still have to work in the summer, because us kids are lazy. I have to have an alarm clock wake me up so that I am at least half way productive in the summer. I love that I can get up, play tennis, and come back home and sleep some more. ;) I am one of those people who always sleeps under the covers, even in the middle of July when it is a 100 degrees out side. The baby was just too darn cute to not put the picture in!!! That is almost the way I sleep now.

So now you all know the reasons why I love summer so much. Thank you everyone!

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv 

No comments:

Post a Comment