6/16/2013

To My Daddy: Thank You


It's Father's Day, the one day of the year that we celebrate the fathers in all of our lives. The picture above was taken a few days after I was born; that's me wrapped up in the blanket. This picture proves I was a Daddy's Girl from the very beginning. 

I love my Daddy. He has driven my all over the place and never complained. I am the luckiest person in the world because he is my daddy. 

Whenever I talk to other girls my age, they always say that they don't have a very good relationship with their father, But I have a great one with mine. My Daddy is always someone I can vent to about school, teachers, friends, or just life. But I typically leave the boy talk up to my Moma, for my Daddy's sanity, he already has a teenage daughter, he doesn't need to be worrying more then he has too, even though I know he will because he is my dad after all, and he only wants what's best for his little girl. 

I may have a boy's name, but that is because my Moma wanted to honor her father who died before she even met my Daddy. My Poppy M never got to walk my Moma down the aisle or see his only grandchild. So the least she could do was name me after him. When my parents found out that they were pregnant with me they did not want to know if I was a boy or a girl; they wanted to wait until I was born. My Daddy didn't care if I was a boy or a girl, he just wanted me to have ten fingers and ten toes. And on May 18th, I came in to this world with one of my toes tucked under the other, not permanently, but it still gave my father a heart-attack. But after the Doctor moved my toes, my third toe came out from under my second one and I had all ten toes. And my Father could breath again. My Daddy was really happy when I was born. He was older then most first time dads, he was 37. But my parents had been married almost seven and a half years when I was born. 

See the tennis ball in the left corner of my box-y thing-y, that was the way that my 
Daddy could tell that I was his. It's ironic since I now play tennis. 

My Daddy has lived with a house full of women for 20 years and he has a sister who is thirteen years younger then him, so he has been around a few girls. Whenever we went to father daughter dances he always used to hate seeing all the fathers there who looked like they didn't want to be spending time with their little girls. My Daddy loves spending time with me and I love spending time with him. 


This is the first Father's Day without my Poppy S. He died on September 16, 2012. I really miss him, but I know that he is singing with the angels up there in heaven. Since my Moma's Daddy died in 1986, he was the only Grandfather I ever knew. My Poppy S and my Daddy are two of my most favorite people in the world. 


Okay, so this morning my Moma, Nana, Daddy and I went out to IHOP for breakfast. My Moma and I ran all over town yesterday trying to get my Daddy a present. My Moma and I both have a pair of Ray-Bans and he wanted a pair too, so that is what we got him for Father's Day!


My cool Daddy in his new Ray-Bans! 

Have a great day, and remember to tell the man in your life thank you and that you love him. 

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv

No comments:

Post a Comment