6/12/2013

My Favorite Movies!!!

Hello everyone, how has your Wednesday been? Mine, was filled with tennis, again. So, this weekend my Moma and I rented Safe Haven, the Nicholas Sparks book turned movie that Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel are in that came out earlier this year. It was really a chick-flick, but we enjoyed it. We also watched Argo, and before the movie even began, my mom was telling me about what she remembered about that time and when the actual operation was declassified by Bill Clinton in 1997. I loved it! It was really great and well done, I can see why it won so many Oscars! And of course the inner History nerd within me loved it too!

Watching these movies gave me the idea to tell all of y'all my top five favorite movies/movie franchises!

1. The Birdcage (1996)

Staring: Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, and Gene Hackmen

My all time favorite movie has to be The Birdcage! It is the funniest movie ever, in my opinion! This is a hard movie to describe without people getting the wrong impression so here is the description from IMDb:
"A gay cabaret owner and his drag queen companion agree to put up a false straight front so that their son can introduce them to his fiancĂ©e's right-wing moralistic parents." - IMDb 
I have watched this movie a hundred times and it always makes me laugh until I cry, it is hilarious! Robin Williams is funny as always, and Nathan Lane can act like a drag queen quite well! It is rated R, but my parents let me watch it when I was five or six. My Moma told me that it was the first movie that she literally laughed out loud in the theater. 


2. The Harry Potter Movies (2001-2011) 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone (2001) 

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) 

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) 

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) 

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)

Staring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint

The Harry Potter movies were staples of my childhood. I could always rely on another movie coming out every two years or so. That is until July of 2011, when the last Harry Potter movie was released. It was bittersweet to see the last one, knowing that there would never be any more movies. The ending of the last one was a little bit of a let down, but overall the movie left the fans satisfied. My parents took me to the midnight premiere of both Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and 2! I have such cool parents! 

What I really like about the Harry Potter franchise is that it sort of defined a generation. I know that I have the first two movies on VHS tape, and if you were born anytime in the last 10 years you at least have heard of Harry Potter. I am proud to say that I am part of that generation that was impacted by the Harry Potter Franchise. 

3. The Twilight Saga (2008-20012) 

Twilight (2008)

The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010) 

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011) 

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012) 

Staring: Kristen Stewert, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner

Okay, I know that some people out there will be like 'What! Twilight is terrible literature and even worse as a movie!' but it also impacted a generation, just like Harry Potter did. Harry Potter took up a good part of the early 2000's, and the Twilight Saga only took up four years. I have read all of the books multiple times and have seen all of the movies multiple times as well. In fact, my Moma took me to the midnight premier of New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn - Part 1, and Breaking Dawn - Part 2. And again can I state how cool is my Moma! I am proud to say that I am a fan of Twilight, and I don't care what other people think about it. 

4. Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) 

Staring: Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, and Ezra Miller

Perks of Being a Wallflower is such a moving book and even more of a moving movie. I read the book the Perks of Being a Wallflower in June of 2012 and the movie came out in September of 2012. The book, by Stephen Chbosky, made me both laugh and cry to the point of sobs. The movie, which Stephen Chbosky both directed and wrote the screenplay for, made me feel the same emotions. I walked out of the theater with black lines running down my cheeks, it was bad. 

The acting was very good, Ezra Miller blew me away with his portrayal of Patrick, and Emma Watson wowed me again with her portrayal of Sam. I highly recommend both the book and the movie to anyone, but especially to teenagers. 

5. The New Star Trek Movie - Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) 

Star Trek (2009)

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

Staring: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, and Benedict Cumberbatch (2nd movie)

My Nana is a die-hard Star Trek fan, and she raised me to be one too. I know most people think it is geeky, but I don't care. They are great movies and have great acting in them. I talked about the second movie in an earlier post but let me tell y'all again how amazing it was! I was floored, I walked out of the movie theater in a daze! The special effects didn't look cheesy, and the acting again was fabulous!

Since you now know my favorite movies, I would love to know what y'all's are! Thank you for reading!

Your Faithful Prepster,
mSv

No comments:

Post a Comment